- Founder Stephen M. Garcia has served as lead counsel in more than 2,500 elder and/or dependent adult abuse cases.
- Garcia & Artigliere has served as counsel on behalf on consumers throughout the United States in matters resulting in over $1.3 billion in settlements and jury verdicts.
- At Garcia & Artigliere, you will never be charged a fee - not even court costs or expenses - until we win your case.
- The firm is known for successfully handling the most complex cases of elder neglect and mistreatment.
Obtained a $38.6 million settlement, considered to be the largest Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act settlement (EADACPA) in ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia successfully resolved a matter for an 87-year-old woman who was repeatedly sexually molested by the co-manager ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia settled a California class action for $4.5 million and an Oregon class action for $1 million against a nursing ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia obtained a $1.5 million verdict for the family of a woman who died from more than 10 pressure sores, many of ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia obtained a judgment of more than $1.3 million against a residential care facility for elder abuse and wrongful ...
An elderly man was severely neglected by nursing home staff members and died as a result of the facility’s chronic under-staffing and under-budgeting. ...
Making the decision to put an elderly loved one in a nursing home can be difficult, but it is often made with their best interests in mind. Due to illness or age, they may have reached a point where remaining at home creates a hardship or even a dangerous environment for themselves and others. The family makes the decision to seek out a facility that has the resources and personnel to provide proper supervision and care, but what if they do not uphold an appropriate standard of care?
It is crucial to watch for potential signs of nursing home abuse or negligence, such as:
- Unexplained and/or recurring injuries
- Signs that physical restraints have been used
- Broken eyeglasses or other damaged personal property
- Refusals to allow private visits with elderly patients/residents
- Withdrawal, depression, and suicidal thoughts or tendencies
- Unexplained sexually transmitted diseases
- Repeated falls
- Stained or damaged undergarments
- Signs of improper/inadequate hygiene
- Bedsores, also referred to as pressure sores or decubitus ulcers
- Unusual and unexplained weight loss
- Unexplained financial withdrawals or expenses
- Wandering or elopement due to improper supervision
- Medication errors
- Lack of proper medical care
- Delayed treatment for illnesses or injuries
Elderly residents and patients at nursing homes and elder care centers may experience atrocities that no human being should endure. At a time in their lives where they should be treated with dignity and respect, they are instead neglected or abused. Our firm is here to do something about it. The Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorneys at Garcia & Artigliere are well-known for our results in elder abuse litigation. We apply over 100 years of collective legal experience to provide high-quality legal representation that leads to swifter, better results.
"Steve is a force to be reckoned with and has fought against some of the biggest companies in the United States."
- Anrets L.
"I was pleased with the final outcome of the case and felt that Mr. Garcia especially went out of his way to ensure a successful settlement on our behalf."
- Kathy W.
"I cannot be happier with the results! If you ever need to defend an older parent from abuse, neglect, etc. this is the law firm you need on your side!"
- Michael B.
We offer a free, no-obligation, and confidential consultation. At Garcia &
Artigliere there is no fee - not even court costs - unless we win your
case. Call (213) 372-0373 Today!