- Founder Stephen M. Garcia has served as lead counsel in more than 2,500 elder and/or dependent adult abuse cases.
- Garcia & Artigliere has served as counsel on behalf on consumers throughout the United States in matters resulting in over $1.3 billion in settlements and jury verdicts.
- At Garcia & Artigliere, you will never be charged a fee - not even court costs or expenses - until we win your case.
- The firm is known for successfully handling the most complex cases of elder neglect and mistreatment.
Obtained a $38.6 million settlement, considered to be the largest Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act settlement (EADACPA) in ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia successfully resolved a matter for an 87-year-old woman who was repeatedly sexually molested by the co-manager ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia settled a California class action for $4.5 million and an Oregon class action for $1 million against a nursing ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia obtained a $1.5 million verdict for the family of a woman who died from more than 10 pressure sores, many of ...
Elder abuse attorney Stephen M. Garcia obtained a judgment of more than $1.3 million against a residential care facility for elder abuse and wrongful ...
An elderly man was severely neglected by nursing home staff members and died as a result of the facility’s chronic under-staffing and under-budgeting. ...
It is an unfortunate truth that elderly patients and residents at nursing homes, elder care centers, and residential care communities are sometimes abused or neglected by the very people entrusted with their well-being. You need to be aware of the signs of nursing home abuse so it can be stopped.
The following may be signs that abuse is occurring at a nursing home:
- Your loved one is withdrawn, depressed, fearful, and/or anxious
- You are not allowed to be alone with your loved one
- Your loved one has experienced unexplained or recurring injuries
- Your loved one was recently diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease
- Your loved one is showing signs of dehydration or malnutrition
- You have noticed signs of poor personal hygiene or unclean property grounds
- Your loved one is afraid of a specific caregiver
If you notice anything suspicious, do not be afraid to follow up. It is better to investigate the matter than to look the other way and miss a serious case of abuse or neglect. We also recommend making frequent, unannounced visits and staying in close communication with your elderly loved one so you can notice any signs of mistreatment.
"Steve is a force to be reckoned with and has fought against some of the biggest companies in the United States."
- Anrets L.
"I was pleased with the final outcome of the case and felt that Mr. Garcia especially went out of his way to ensure a successful settlement on our behalf."
- Kathy W.
"I cannot be happier with the results! If you ever need to defend an older parent from abuse, neglect, etc. this is the law firm you need on your side!"
- Michael B.
We offer a free, no-obligation, and confidential consultation. At Garcia &
Artigliere there is no fee - not even court costs - unless we win your
case. Call (562) 608-1425 Today!