Elder and Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Since 1991, the nationally distinguished attorneys at Garcia, Artigliere & Medby have served as fearless advocates and groundbreaking leaders in the field of elder abuse litigation, protecting vulnerable senior citizens from physical and emotional harm and financial exploitation.
Notable verdicts & settlements won by Garcia, Artigliere & Medby
- Founder Stephen M. Garcia has served as lead counsel in over 2,500 elder and/or dependent adult abuse cases
- Mr. Garcia has served as counsel on behalf of consumers throughout the United States in matters resulting in over $1.25 billion in settlements and jury verdicts
- The firm is known for successfully handling the most complex and egregious cases of elder neglect and mistreatment, and won the largest elder abuse settlement of 2014
- From May 2016 to November 2017, Garcia, Artigliere & Medby recovered more than $95 million for clients for matters in which the firm served as lead counsel or counsel.
- Additionally, in the matter of Muccianti vs. Fountain View, Inc., et al., the firm attained the largest nursing home verdict in the history of Fresno County. At the time, this was the second largest nursing home verdict in the history of the State of California
We understand this can be a traumatic time for you and your family. Know that we will fight tirelessly to ensure your case receives the best possible outcome. Contact Law Garcia today for a free case consultation if you suspect your loved one is a victim of abuse.
Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Nearly 1 in 10 nursing homes violate requirements potentially causing residents harm, serious injury, or possibly death. Long-term care facilities, assisted living, and other senior living programs are designed to provide a safe, caring, and worry-free environment for you and your family member but unfortunately, some homes place profit before people.
If your loved one displays any of the following warning signs, it’s critical to get help right away.
- Withdrawal from normal activities
- Unusual depression
- Sudden financial changes
- Poor hygiene
- Unusual weight loss
- Strained, tense or hesitant relationships with caregivers
Elder Abuse – The Silent Crime Against Seniors Is on the Rise
Thousands of seniors are abused, neglected, and exploited each year, but few report or discuss the abuse because they are afraid. Many cannot take care of themselves because they are old, frail, and more vulnerable than most. Elder persons rely on family, trusted friends, and spouses to help meet their needs. Many are at risk of harm or abuse from neglectful and/or overwhelmed caregivers.
Types of Elder Abuse
At Garcia, Artigliere & Medby our elder abuse lawyers hold long-term care facilities accountable. Our tireless advocacy for our clients in high-stakes, complex cases has resulted in multi-million dollar verdicts and large-scale settlements. We believe in protecting our senior citizen clients and their rights and can help you identify, understand, and stop nursing home abuse.
Contact Elder Abuse Lawyers Today if Your Loved One is a Victim
At Garcia, Artigliere & Medby, our elder abuse lawyers protect victims of elder abuse and nursing home abuse. With more than 30 years of experience, the firm’s founder, Stephen M. Garcia, has contributed significantly to state law on elder abuse by creating jury instructions and rules used by the courts in elder abuse cases. Our level of knowledge matches our level of compassion; we are here to listen and understand your issue while providing the legal guidance you need.
If you suspect your loved one is a victim of abuse, call us for a free and confidential consultation; call us toll-free at 800.281.8515. Se habla español.
COURT COSTS AND CASE EXPENSES WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT