Free Case Review
No Recovery = No Fee.
Wrongful Death Lawyers
PROVIDING COMPASSIONATE, EXPERIENCED COUNSEL
It is difficult to lose someone you love under any circumstance, but when a loved one dies due to negligence or recklessness, it is particularly devastating. The wrongful death attorneys of Garcia & Artigliere know it can be overwhelming to deal with this painful situation and cope with the financial stresses of lost wages, extreme medical expenses, and funeral planning. We can help you understand and navigate your legal rights during this difficult time.
TYPES OF WRONGFUL DEATHAccording to 2011 reports presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional injury was the number one cause of death for people ages 1-44 years old. This category of death ranges from truck accidents to drowning and from consumer products to poisoning. The top ten leading causes of injury and unintentional deaths are:
- Nursing home abuse – This can include suffocation, overdose, mismanaged medication, incorrect diagnosis, and improper care of elderly persons.
- Pool drowning – Every day about 10 people die from unintentional drowning in the U.S., making it the 5th leading cause of unintentional death.
- Motor vehicle accidents – This is one of the top leading cause of wrongful death in the U.S., with over two million people injured in traffic accidents each year.
- Food poisoning – Illness and death related to food poisoning effects thousands of people every year. Foodborne illness is an important public healthcare problem in the U.S. that needs careful consideration and review to determine cause and further prevention.
- Burns, falls, injury to the body – Unintentional injuries to the body can happen when someone is not being cared for properly, like minors and the elderly, in work-related incidents, and in any accident due to negligence, recklessness, or wrongful intentions.
- Motorcycle accidents – Proper use of helmets can reduce the risk of death by 37%, making it the number one life saving device a motorcyclist can use in order to avoid death.
- Defective products – Suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers can be held accountable for the release and sale of defective products to consumers, when it results in a wrongful death.
- Construction/Industrial accidents – Every year, thousands of workers are placed in harm’s way and suffer serious injury and even death while at work. Depending on labor conditions and the type of employment, workplaces have certain safety requirements and procedures that have to be followed daily.
- Emergency room malpractice – Emergency rooms (ERs) can be chaotic and present many challenges to medical professionals tending to the ill and injured. Acts of negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing can have fatal consequences for unsuspecting patients.
- Anesthesia malpractice – Death can result from any problem related to anesthetics, including a patient’s reaction and improper dosage treatment.