Making the decision to put an elderly loved one in a nursing home can be difficult, but it is often made with their best interests in mind. Due to illness or age, they may have reached a point where remaining at home creates a hardship or even a dangerous environment for themselves and others. The family makes the decision to seek out a facility that has the resources and personnel to provide proper supervision and care, but what if they do not uphold an appropriate standard of care?
It is crucial to watch for potential signs of nursing home abuse or negligence, such as:
- Unexplained and/or recurring injuries
- Signs that physical restraints have been used
- Broken eyeglasses or other damaged personal property
- Refusals to allow private visits with elderly patients/residents
- Withdrawal, depression, and suicidal thoughts or tendencies
- Unexplained sexually transmitted diseases
- Repeated falls
- Stained or damaged undergarments
- Signs of improper/inadequate hygiene
- Bedsores, also referred to as pressure sores or decubitus ulcers
- Unusual and unexplained weight loss
- Unexplained financial withdrawals or expenses
- Wandering or elopement due to improper supervision
- Medication errors
- Lack of proper medical care
- Delayed treatment for illnesses or injuries
Garcia & Artigliere is committed to exposing elder abuse in Louisiana and across the U.S. If you’ve noticed any signs of abuse or neglect, call our Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorneys today at (213) 372-0373.
Contact a Team of Lawyers with Over 100 Years of Experience
Elderly residents and patients at nursing homes and elder care centers may experience atrocities that no human being should endure. At a time in their lives where they should be treated with dignity and respect, they are instead neglected or abused. Our firm is here to do something about it.
The attorneys at Garcia & Artigliere are well-known for their results in nursing home abuse litigation. Fierce advocates for the elderly, we apply over 100 years of collective legal experience to provide high-quality legal representation that leads to swifter, better results. This is evident in the over $1.3 billion our attorneys have had a hand at recovering.
Schedule your free consultation today by calling (213) 372-0373 or contacting us online. Se habla español.