Informational Resource for Elder Abuse, Exploitation and Neglect Prevention
It can be difficult knowing where to turn for credible information regarding elder abuse, exploitation or neglect. Perhaps you have parents who are approaching an age where elder rights will be a priority. Maybe you suspect elder exploitation, but want to do more reading on the issue before calling an elder abuse attorney.
A program of the U.S. Administration on Aging (AoA), the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) is a quality resource for concerned citizens, policy makers and professionals. It is one of 27 resource centers funded by the AoA, which is an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The NCEA is a content-rich national online resource center providing the latest news and research on elder rights and elder abuse. It also provides up-to-date best practices. Their focus is ensuring seniors age with the dignity they deserve.
Here are highlights of the NCEA’s free offerings:
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Twice-weekly newsfeed and NCEA news hub
- Elder Abuse Listserv, which is an online forum for professionals who need assistance or who want to share information with each other
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding elder abuse
- Free webcasts and other training material
- A state-by-state resources page, including the states in which the elder abuse attorneys at Garcia, Artigliere & Medby are represented (e.g. Arizona, California, Florida, Kentucky and Washington)
As the website states, around two million U.S. seniors are abused in some way. It’s important to have resources like the NCEA to help steer those concerned with prevention in the right direction.
The website also contains briefs and factsheets on recent research regarding elder abuse and abuse of residents in long-term care facilities, among many other topics. The NCEA also has plenty of social media platforms you can connect with to stay on top of the latest news and research posted to the site. Follow the NCEA on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
If you’ve determined that there is a need for an elder abuse lawyer in your situation, please contact the elder abuse attorneys at Garcia, Artigliere & Medby. Call us at 800-281-8515, or submit your concerns for a free case review here.