Free Case Review
No Recovery = No Fee.
Robert M. Partain
Robert Partain handles personal injury and mass torts cases at Garcia & Artigliere. In addition to representing injured individuals‚ he has worked on pharmaceutical cases involving Fosamax‚ Zoloft‚ Paxil‚ Reglan‚ Prempro, and Gadolinium Contrast Dye. Mr. Partain works to hold companies accountable who are willing to cut corners on safety. On top of his years of experience‚ Mr. Partain’s legitimate curiosity contributes to his success in mass torts cases.
“Unless you are doing something wrong‚” Mr. Partain says‚ “you never get bored being a lawyer – there are always new things to learn.”
Mr. Partain gets to know his clients to help make their case that much stronger and more effective. Clients trust Mr. Partain for his honesty and respect him for his commitment.
Mr. Partain briefed and argued Barton v. U.S. District Court for the Central District of California‚ 410 F.3d 1104 (9th Cir.2005)‚ in which the Ninth Circuit held that the attorney-client privilege protects client intake questionnaires which are submitted online.
Mr. Partain’s published decisions include:
- Cartwright v. Pfizer‚ Inc.‚ 369 F.Supp.2d 876 (E.D. Tex. 2005)
- Witczak v. Pfizer‚ Inc.‚ 377 F.Supp.2d 726 (D. Minn. 2005)
- Zikis v. Pfizer‚ Inc.‚ 2005 WL 3274107 (N.D. Ill. 2005)
Mr. Partain graduated Cum Laude with a B.S. Marketing in 1999 from California State University‚ Sacramento. He went on to attend the University of California‚ Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco and graduated Cum Laude in 2002 and as a member of the Thurston Honor Society. He was the Executive Articles Editor of the Hastings Law Journal.
He is admitted to the California Bar. He is also admitted in:
- USDC‚ Central District of California
- USDC‚ Northern District of California
- USDC‚ Southern District of Indiana
- USDC‚ Eastern District of California
- USCA‚ Ninth Circuit
Lectures and speeches given by Mr. Partain include:
- “Preemption Issues in SSRI Litigation” Mealey’s SSRI Teleconference (December 8‚ 2005)
- “A Preamble to Preemption – The Effect of the FDA’s Final Rule on Pharmaceutical Drug Litigation” Mealey’s Teleconference: Preemption – The FDA & Pharmaceutical Drug Litigation (June 6‚ 2006)
Mr. Partain has published the following:
- “Due Process‚ Rule 23 & Hybrid Classes: A Practical Solution‚” 53 Hast. L. J. 1359 (2002)
- “What Happened to the FDA?” Harris Martin’s Columns: Drugs & Supplements (July 2005)
- “The FDA‚ Drug Manufacturers‚ And SSRI Preemption: A Match Made In Heaven?” Mealey’s Litigation Report Antidepressant Drugs (Nov. 2005)
- “Discovery of FDA and Other Regulatory Agency Evidence‚” ATLA Education Reference Materials‚ ATLA 2006 Annual Convention