Garcia, Artigliere & Medby endows a scholarship for law school or nursing students who demonstrate the highest level of acumen. The $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a single student to help support their efforts in joining the legal or nursing workforce.
In 2015, Garcia, Artigliere & Medby awarded a nursing student at the Metropolitan State University of Denver with a $1,000 scholarship and plans to continue awarding more law school and nursing students.
Any law school or nursing student attending a four-year accredited university is eligible to apply for our 2016 scholarship opportunity. Please submit an essay of up to 1,000 words (maximum) answering one of the following questions:
1. “If you had the authority to change your elder community in a positive way, what specific changes would you make?”
2. “What steps can legislators take to help prevent elder abuse from becoming an even larger problem in the future?”
- One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Essays will be evaluated based on both originality and quality of writing
- Deadline to submit is May 31st, 2016
- Winners will be notified (via email) before June 15th, 2016
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited college or university in the United States
- Be a law school or nursing school student or an undergraduate student with a main focus on either legal or nursing studies
- A copy of the student’s current academic transcript
- Please email your essay to email@example.com. Subject line should read, “Law Garcia Scholarship Application”.
- In the body of the email please make sure to include your name, school, major, email address and phone number.
- Attach transcript in .doc or .pdf form